abgayle

abgayle

Amor en Retrogrado

Amor En Retrogrado - A.M. Riley Another winner by A.M.Riley.All my comments from "Elegant Corpse" ring true.What I really liked about this book is the political/historical/cultural slice of Los Angeles the reader obtained.Parts of the story centred on the Rodney King riots, but the pre-AIDS era and the whole hispanic culture played a vital role in this book.The time jumps again made it mandatory for the reader to pay attention and think. ne of the things I really like about A.M.Riley's books.If I had a little quibble it would be the way she introduced the character Christopher to the story. He snuck in under the radar (which was her intention) but I would have liked to find out more about how Bill felt about him. Perhaps though again that was her intention, Bill didn't want to think too deeply about him and their relationship. In which case, again A.M.Riley has delivered.As the two characters will appear again in subsequent books, it will be interesting to get an answer to the question the reader will no doubt have about the two of them.The main protagonists were skilfully drawn.Again, I would definitely recommend the book.