abgayle

abgayle

Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract)

Leather+Lace - A.B. Gayle Launch promo giveaways:http://www.stumblingoverchaos.com/archives/23436"Leather + Lace" is the second of what I hope will be a number of stand alone books whose characters will make cameo appearances in each other's stories. The plus symbol in the title is not just “and.” It indicates that the final result is the sum of the two. Both aspects contribute to something new.While the characters in this book are different, they exist in the same world and time frame as the series opener, Red+Blue, Joseph Bean, Don Bastian, and Thom Magister. There are also great online sites such as Fetlife where people speak of their lives with sometimes unflinching honesty. I also contacted david stein, who cleared up a few misconceptions.Rush Derr IV needs a special thanks for sharing his experience of years spent performing drag in the States and Canada.Others helped enormously, starting with readers and fellow writers Stevie Carroll, M. J. Sánchez, and Melanie Tushmore, who followed its progress in NanoWriMo. A special shout-out to Melanie for her feedback on bikes.Once the first draft was complete, it was the turn of my faithful duo, Don Schecter and Kate, who steered me through the process of converting the raw version into something worth publishing. They were assisted this time by a new critique partner, Jess, who not only helped with the text but gave a further polish to the bikes.Writing about a scene you don’t participate in is not easy. I’m indebted to Sascha Illyvich for his course on writing BDSM and Dusk Peterson, who provided lots of advice and leads on real life Master/slave relationships. From them I learned there is no single way to do things. In the end, I hope I captured both the best aspects of what BDSM and slavery can mean while also showing what can happen if care is not taken to do it correctly. According to two real-life slaves, Jason and Christopher, who read the finished text, I did.I would also like to acknowledge the assistance of fellow writers Barry Lowe, Eden Winters, Charles Edward, Kayla Jameth, and my Goodreads buddies, Vivian de la Cruz and Jo. After finding a couple of things others had missed, they assured me the story had been beta’ed into submission and was ready to send off to Dreamspinner Press.Here I’d like to thank Elizabeth North, Ginnifer Eastwick, her great team of editors, and the art department, represented by Paul Richmond and Anne Cain.Finally, but definitely not least, I need to thank Stevie Nicks for not only giving me the inspiration for the title but providing me with a worthy artist any drag performer would be privileged to emulate. Her songs captivated me just as much as they did my hero.If you want a teaser, the first chapter is up on my website and can be accessed here: http://www.abgayle.com/chapter-1-stand-back.html and if you check out my Pinterest board here, you'll get some visuals to whet your appetite. http://pinterest.com/abgaylewriter/leather-lace/