abgayle

abgayle

Discovery of Fire (Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers #3)

Discovery of Fire (Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers #3) - Don Schecter Another great selection of short stories from Don.Discovery of Fire could also be called Discovery of Passion.....Not necessarily passion felt for another person, but passion for new discoveries and life itself.The narrator explores mysteries he perceived or feelings he had no explanation for at the time.I emailed Don, wanting to check whether these stores were based on memoirs he has kept over the years, and he assured me: "There is no diary, just memory; and yes, I was the kind of kid who knew what Ed Segal's family did--Segal Locks, just as I knew that my sister's next boyfriend's family made QuestionMark Bras, that were designed to cross over your heart. I was VERY precocious."In the words of his Aunt Madge: "He was 6 going on 60. The oldest child she ever knew.""Bachelor Party" makes a great lead in to the anthology. Of course my reaction was "Did someone really approach the author like that? My next reaction was did the author himself aproach someone like that. Don didn't answer that one...."Ooze" was a great contrast. Lots to think about there. Very believeable, a logical development."Garden Centre" was nice and spooky.More to follow...