abgayle

abgayle

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun - A.M. Riley Once again A.M.Riley has delivered a book which is not your standard m/m romance.All the comments I made on "Elegant Corpse" hold true.For a start her characters are not always black and white. In many writer's hands, the ex-boyfriend would have been a two-dimensional character but in A.M.Riley's hands you were never sure which way things would go.If I have one tiny criticism it is that I never really got a handle on Evans and Agnes's relationship/connection. It came out of the blue and not developed enough in my humble opinion. In fact, the whole arc between Stefan and Agnes could have been expanded more.Other than that the book was great.Once again there was sex but sex with a purpose, not just to titillate the reader.Stefan, the main character, is an author of children's adventure books. The little asides about editor's comments to what he had written and what the publisher expected made an amusing side-dish to the main story. Again you had to have your wits about you as you read as at times Stefan's WIP became part of the story, sometimes reflecting back on the past and sometimes a reflection of what was happening in the present.